After an impromptu waffle iron buy last night, we decided to make waffles this morning! This sweet waffle is delectable with the blackberry and basil sauce. And the best part is, it is so easy to make!
Cinnamon Waffles with Blackberry & Basil Sauce
Ingredients (Makes 4-6 waffles, or 1 Belgium waffle)
1 cup flour
1/8 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 of 1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
1 tbsp of cinnamon
Blackberry and Basil Sauce:
6oz fresh blackberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp of basil, chopped
1. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
2. Whisk the milk, the cooled melted butter, and egg in a separate bowl until combined; pour into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. (A few small lumps are fine.)
3. Preheat a waffle iron; lightly brush with vegetable oil, then fill with batter three-quarters full and cook until the waffles are golden and crisp.
Blackberry and Basil sauce:
1. Combine the blackberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cook at a boil for 5 minutes, scraping the bottom as needed to keep from burning.
3. Reduce heat to low; simmer the mixture until thick, about 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Drizzle the sauce over the waffles to serve, and enjoy!