We all love the fried orange chicken you can get at asian restaurants. Well here is a healthier version of that guilty pleasure!
Skinny Orange Chicken
ORANGE CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- orange chicken sauce (ingredients below)
- optional toppings: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, orange zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the orange chicken sauce. Whisk all sauce ingredients together until combined. If you would like the sauce to be even sweeter, add an extra 2-4 tablespoons of honey.
- Pour in the orange chicken sauce, and stir to combine. Let the sauce come to a boil, then boil for an additional minute or two until thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately over quinoa or rice. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and orange zest.
Recipe source: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/skinny-orange-chicken-recipe/