I have been really into bakes lately and this one is one of my favorites. The original recipe has you making your own pesto, but with my busy schedule I just used pre-made pesto. The best thing about bakes is that you can add whatever you have on hand to make this dish suitable to your tastebuds. You can add artichokes, different cheeses, a different tubular pasta, really whatever you have on hand.
Pesto Pasta Bake
- 1 lb. whole wheat rigatoni
- 2-3 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cups of chopped spinach
- ½ cup pasta water
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice (I used mozzarella)
- pesto (as much or as little as you like)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pasta to the water and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the tomatoes and spinach and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the cooked noodles with the chopped tomatoes, pesto, and a little pasta water if it needs to be more saucy. I usually had enough pesto to coat all the pasta. Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Recipe source: http://pinchofyum.com/healthy-baked-pesto-rigatoni