By far the easiest, most delicious chicken I’ve ever had! It combines a bit of greek flavors with the herbs and feta cheese, but you can’t get any tastier and healthy than this recipe. If you don’t like feta cheese I am sure you can substitute for goat cheese.
Healthy Stuffed Chicken
- 2 pounds skinless boneless Chicken Breasts; flattened
- 6 oz Low-Fat Feta Cheese; crumbled
- 1/2 cup packed; Chopped Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- One 14 oz can of tomato sauce (I used a tomato-basil sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon seeded and diced Jalapeño (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl. Spoon the mix onto each Chicken Breast. Roll the chicken around the stuffing and place in a small baking pan brushed with oil. Bake for 35 minutes.
With the leftover mixture, put it in the food processor with about 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1 tsp of salt. Blend until smooth (it should look like a pesto).
To prepare the sauce: combine the tomato sauce and jalapeño in a pot over medium heat. Simmer until warmed through. If you don’t want to add the jalapeño, you can simply just used a jarred tomato sauce of your choice.
To plate: circle the “pesto” around your plate, place your chicken in the center and spoon the sauce on top of the chicken.